Welcome to the 2016 season!!
Tomorrow we will kick the season off with our annual football camp hosted and run by our high school coaches and players. This is a great time for players to learn the fundamentals of the game or refresh their memories after a long offseason.
To be ready for camp you will need to have the following completed prior to the first day of camp, August 1st, 2015.
Any player who does not meet these four requirements will not be allowed to participate until all four have been completed:
- Balance paid in full
- Parent/Player contract signed (we will have copies at the field during camp week)
- Concussion waiver signed (we will have copies at the field during camp week)
- Medical form (signed by licensed medical provider)
Camp Week: August 1st-5th
Camp is not mandatory, but it is both a part of the registration cost as well as a week where the kids learn both the fundamentals of football as well as the fundamentals of our High School offense and defense (which we run at the youth level as well). I encourage you to still treat this week as mandatory and look forward to seeing you all on Monday.
- August 1st – 5th from 5:30 to 7:30pm nightly
- At our grass practice fields adjacent the high school on NW Jacobsen Rd (see attached photo)
- Kids need to wear sports shorts, t-shirt and cleats
- Please pack water as we have no water source at the field
- All activities that week are non-contact
- Parents are allowed to observe from the side of the field – not on the field (same rule applies all season long with practices)
- Camp hours are not tracked, and will not count toward the 10 required conditioning hours.
- We will have a mandatory all-parent meeting on the first day of camp, August 1st, from 6:00-7:00pm at the practice field
- This is a critical meeting to attend as our President David Whitlock will discuss the upcoming season, safety protocol, volunteer needs and then host a Q&A session to make sure everyone is on the same page for the upcoming season
- We will be hosting our 3rd Annual Barbecue to kick off the season and celebrate the kids completing camp
- Friday, August 5th from 7:30 to 9:00pm
- Tickets will be $5 per plate (will include an entree, side, desert and drink) and will be pre-sold August 1st thru 4th to help us with purchasing proper quantities
- We will be doing a raffle for a free registration. Tickets will be $5 and one lucky winner will be drawn at the BBQ to receive a full refund of their 2016 registration.
- We will need volunteers to help serve food, cook food and cleanup. Sign up to help here.
Mandatory Conditioning Week: 8/8 to 8/12
- August 8th-12th, 5:30-7:30pm
- Coaches will be tracking hours
- All players must complete 10 hours of conditioning to be eligible to put on pads the following week!
- Coaches will help track hours and are well adept at having players make up hours, so should your player miss time during the week of 8/8 to 8/12 we will have no issues helping them make it up the following week.
- Any hours missed during the week of 8/8 thru 8/12 will have to be made up the following week, out of pads, before full-contact can begin
- Save the date for August 27th as we will be going to Aloha High School again for their annual Jamboree. Times TBD
- The schedule for the season will be released the closer we get to the end of August. Just as soon as the TVYFL notifies us of the schedule we will make it available to you both online and in email
- Please save August 20th (times TBD) for player photos. This year we are using a photos vendor who will take the kids photos, drop-in all day on the 20th so no need to meet with the entire team (easier on people’s schedules). The pictures will be held at Hillsboro High School. There will only be one makeup day for photos (dates and times TBD). This year we are including in your registration a base photo package with a team photo and two custom lanyards – you will have the option to spend extra for add-ons to the base package.
There will be much more information available during our All-Parent Meeting on 8/1. We are so excited you have chosen to have your child play football for us and we look forward to the season to come!!
The Board – David, Matt, Michelle, Carrie, Summer, Mo, Scott, Debbie, Travis, Shane and Melissa