The 2016 season will mark the fourth season since myself and most of the board took over Liberty Youth Football. When we took over we put safety measures in place to ensure that the issues of the past would never happen again. One of these was a by-law that puts term limits into place. No board member may serve more than two consecutive terms (terms are for two years – so no more than four total years in a row) in their position. This helps to keep the board fresh and forward thinking.
The 2016 season will mark the last year for many of us. It has been our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to brining you one more GREAT season before we ride off into the sunset.
At our end-of-the-year board meeting we voted to enact a new by-law that, when possible, allows us to elect our replacements one year in advance in certain positions (President, Registrar and Treasurer). While this will not always be possible, when it is, we would like to identify candidates for these three positions one year in advance, so that they could serve in an “elect” position and learn these roles (as these three roles have unique challenges that come with them).
As such we have five board positions we will be looking to fill at our next meeting: February 2016:
Elect Positions (No Voting Rights)
- President-Elect: this person would serve for one year, under me, learning the position of the President. At the conclusion of 2016 this person would assume the President position for the next two years (2017 and 2018 seasons).
- Registrar-Elect: this person would serve for one year, under Michelle Jones, learning the position of Registrar. At the conclusion of 2016 this person would assume the Registrar position for the next two years (2017 and 2018 seasons).
Open Positions (Full Voting Rights)
- Treasurer – Sally will not be seeking re-election in February. As such her position has an immediate vacancy. This is a critical position to make sure our finances are audited, our board has direction via a budget and that checks and balances are being followed to protect the community’s finances. This persons term would be the 2016 and 2017 seasons.
- Secretary – Responsible for ensuring accurate record collecting is happening at board meetings, events and online in our shared DropBox account. Responsible for owning all documentation for the league. This persons term would be the 2016 and 2017 seasons.
- Coach of Coaches – The Coach of Coaches is responsible for coordinating with our high school coach coordinating continuing ed for our coaches. This include pre-season offense and defense training nights, Heads Up football accreditation and working 1:1 with coaches during the season. This person would ideally have coached within our system for a minimum of 2-3 years. This persons term would be the 2016 and 2017 seasons.
If you have interest in a board position, or, you know you want to apply, please email
Our next board meeting will be in February. To be a part of the board you will need to be present at the February board meeting, answer some basic questions about your desire to join the board and why you are the right candidate (given we may have multiple candidates per position). The board will then conduct a closed-door vote and usher in its newest members that evening.